PDA

View Full Version : Vray Lightning Problem

dExon
01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey guys 'n girls.

I've got a little problem.
Im Working on an animation where the camera is going to fly through my car, showing first the exterior and then the interior.

For Illumiation i used the Vray Sun, Irradiance and Brute force.
No other light sources are in the scene.

The problem i came across is that when the camera shows the interior of the car the scene gets way to dark and the details of the interior are not really visible.

I tried increasing the suns intensity but that would have the sideeffect of the exterior shots being to bright, and i also tried using the colormapping to increase the interior brightness with the same sideeffect of the above.

In mentalray i would just increase the strenght/amount of the indirect bounces to light up the car interior more but i kind of dont know how to achieve the same result in vray.

thanks in advance

regards
x

mister3d
01-27-2011, 02:38 PM
You can just animate camera exposure.

Kev3D
01-27-2011, 10:09 PM
I think you might find it helpful to put some lights inside the car, this will give you a lot more control. A professional product shot will use dozens of lights to show off the interior. You could even try putting some area lights in all the windows.

stew
01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
If it's just about the brightness and everything else looks OK, you could simply render to OpenEXR/HDR and adjust it in post.

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.