PDA

View Full Version : tablet for photoshop

lmpi16
01-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Is 6x10 inches tablet good for drawing in photoshop ? Thanks

halen
01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
This has been discussed couple of times earlier, but to put it short most of the people come by with that wacom medium size, which is currently something like 5.5"x8.8". It is usually enough and doesn't take all the space on the table. But it depends how do you draw. Some use the whole hand starting from shoulder and large strokes - if that's your style then a larger one could be useful. And some come by just fine with even smaller one. I did for some years, but now happy with that medium one.

Hope this helps.

lmpi16
01-27-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't use my whole arm to draw but i've been drawing in 9x12" tablet. now i use 19" 1280x1024 pixels monitor and 10x5 inches tablet should cover the same monitor size as the old 9x12. And if i get 24 -26" monitor would make difference in quality 10x5 and 12x9 " tablet allthough i will use equal part of the small and the big tablet ?Hope you understand what i mean

halen
02-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I haven't used the larger tablet so much that I could tell if it would actually help for quality, so you should take my words with a grain of salt, but for example wacom's intuous series has accuracy something like ~5000 lines / inch which is about ~50 times more than average monitor accuracy. It has been quite enough for my 24" 1920*1200 monitor and if there is something to complain about accuracy - it's the user in my case, not the tool. :rolleyes:

And there will be other problems with accuracy before tablets abilities - like using large, complicated brushes with large files and fast strokes - then the computer becomes too slow...

Of course if you have room and budget for a larger tablet and you are used to use one then why not get one? But those smaller ones are still used for quite a lot of professional work too.

lmpi16
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
thanks i took bigger tablet not wacom , but soon i will get intous 4m . The only con of my new tablet is that the keys of the pen are too large and are very hard to use for 3d and i am used to do 3d only with pen in the last 4 years. Other thing i want to know is how to disable or remove the integrated tablet drivers in windows 7 (before i allways have been on win xp). They make little conflict with the original drivers of the tablet. I guess the same issue have the wacom tablet drivers and windows 7.

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.