PDA

View Full Version : Any way to set radial field attributes on a per-particle basis?

Royalcolornetwork
01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Hello,

I have a particle system in which I'm using a radial field on a per-particle basis to keep the particles from colliding with each other. So far so good. My question is this: is there any way to set the radial field attributes on a per-particle basis? For example - particle 1 has a radial field magnitude of 5, but particle 2 has a radial field magnitude of 10. A solution that involves setting things by hand is fine - the system itself will only ever have a few dozen particles.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Derek Wolfe
01-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Create a per particle attribute called, radialField1_magnitude.
Then set it as needed. It will control the magnitude of the field on a per particle basis.

Royalcolornetwork
01-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Fantastic. Thank you so much. As a follow up, is magnitude the only attribute that can be controlled in a per-particle basis, or can other field attributes also be accessed? I'm thinking of Max Distance, Attenuation, and Radial Type, if possible.

Thanks again.

Derek Wolfe
01-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Other attributes will work too. Just add another per particle attribute to the particle shape.
radialField_attributeName.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2011, 07:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.