PDA

View Full Version : Problem with simple collision, please need help.

firedrakan
01-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Hello, I'm writing to you because I have a really strange problem on Maya 2011.
I'm doing a tutorial of Digital Tutors about Soft/Rigid Bodies and I have a big problem that could be a bug of the software.
I have to do a really simple particle collision with an object (active rigid body).
Here is what I'm doing (I have to do ) in detail:
1)Making the object Active rigid body (using the command Create active rigid body)
2) Create a particle emitter above the object and connect the particle node with a gravity field
3)Making collide the particles with the object (Using the command Make Collide)
4)Turn on the "particle collision" node on the active rigid body.

Now, my problem is that when I finish these steps (absolutely nothing difficult as you can see), nothing happens.
The particles collide on the surface of the object but then (as the tutorial shows) the particles should move the object but nothing happens.
Now, i checked many times with the tutorial and it seems that I'm doing the same exact operations, but it doesn't work.

Thank you very much I hope you can help me because I don't really know where's the problem.

mandark1011
01-25-2011, 11:08 PM
try these things
1) if you are emitting from a volume emitter add some turbulence to the emitter.
2) adjust the collision resilience or you geoconnector to make the particles bounce a bit more
3) add an overall turbulence field to your scene to randomize things a bit.
4) last thing make sure your evaluating every frame of your animation in your preferences.

if none of these change the behaviour look for a more explanatory tutorial.

good luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2011, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.