PDA

View Full Version : M:A 4.0....What does everyone think so far?

dragonfollower
10-17-2003, 05:58 AM
I haven't yet upgraded to 4.0. I'm holding back until I hear enough to convince me that the program can do everything PMG says it can do. I want to make sure it's worth the money.

So, for those of you who have upgraded, what are your thoughts on it? How well is the endomorph feature integrated and does it work well? And can anyone explain how the autorig feature works? Can it auto rig any character? I HATE rigging so this would be awesome.

Thanks,

Brian

dobermunk
10-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Mark Wilson deserves a beer. THe enomorph support is wonderful. You can now (with the last version) re-assign morphs to sliders, etc. The basis setup takes place at the click of a button. Voila. All sliders are made and ready to animate. (Okay, two buttons)

As for autorig, I'll be putting together a short overview. For now, check out this thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89582

This is for me (a fellow rig-idiot) a massive feature. And more autorigs are apparently on their way.

tOd
10-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Love it. Well worth the upgrade.

dragonfollower
10-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Well, sounds good so far. Endomorphs sound easy to use. Auto rigging would be the ideal method for me as I am NOT a rigger. I just want to animate.

-Brian

tOd
10-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Im not much of of a rigger myself but I found myself learning a whole lot from Joe Cosman and the examples that came with it and alot of experimenting. I find it very forgiving and easy to experiment with when it comes to rigging. I cant say the same about LW sad to say.

dobermunk
10-18-2003, 09:00 PM
"forgiving and easy to experiment"

Amen! I feel empowered. Technically. This is new to me.

Carm3D
10-18-2003, 09:57 PM
M:A4 supports LW Morph maps?

dobermunk
10-18-2003, 10:00 PM
Endomorphs, yes.

Carm3D
10-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Well when you say endomorphs, do you mean the morphs one creates in LW Modeler by using the "M" button in the lower-right corner?

Or do you mean one has to make a seperate model with changes in the geometry and M:A can morph between the two seperate models?

fwtep
10-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Carm3D
Well when you say endomorphs, do you mean the morphs one creates in LW Modeler by using the "M" button in the lower-right corner?

Or do you mean one has to make a seperate model with changes in the geometry and M:A can morph between the two seperate models?

He means "Endomorphs." The other kind are just called "Morphs." Enomorph support is new, and is actually a plug-in written by a user, Mark Wilson of Passion Pictures in London.

Regular morphs have always been in there. In fact, Fori and Dan, two of the messiah programmers, are the guys who did the original morph stuff for LightWave-- "Morph Gizmo."

Fred

Carm3D
10-18-2003, 10:51 PM
So it does both?

fwtep
10-19-2003, 12:07 AM
So it does both?

"Enomorph support is new, "

"Regular morphs have always been in there."

Geco
10-19-2003, 12:07 AM
So it does both? yes! http://www.geocities.com/kl_aktuell/temp/wink.txt

Carm3D
10-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Thank you (sigh). I may not sell my M:A3 disc after all... Decisions, decisions...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.