PDA

View Full Version : HDRI Mirrorball - Fastest, simplest Technique?

Kinematics
01-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey guys,

I am wondering how this will work with Maya2010 with Vray but I am asking here cause it is quite a general question. I've spent quite a bit of time working on my HDRI workflow but I want to know if this is as required and i've actually not used the method for awhile since I established my workflow so I have some questions.

If I am working on an environment with very little clear reflections, do I still have to take two images 90 degrees apart and use HDR shop to put it together or is 1 image enough?

I want to just get the shadows and light correct so would this be necessary?

Why do we take so many exposures for a HDR ball image?
Lets say I took a picture of an environment and I want the the HDR to be the same so the object sits in the image nicely. Do I still need to do multiple exposures?

If I do require multiple exposures, how do I get the correct exposure that the image was taken at? Or do you guys all work in 32 bit and have to color correct everything?

If I take an image and wish to comp 3d objects into that scene and 1 image of the HDR ball is enough. Should I just put the mirrorball in the scene and take the image from exactly the same location as the shot in question?

Thanks everyone for all your replies in advance as usual =) Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2011, 11:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.