PDA

View Full Version : Seamless loop of nCloth simulation. Is it possible?

Zaru
01-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Hello.
I've been wondering... How can I make an nCloth simulation that can be later seamlessly looped in an endless animation (ie. DVD menu background)? The nCloth object (as well as all of his vertices) in the last frame must be in the same position as it is in the first, and I don't quite have an idea how to accomplish that. Have someone of you guys done that before?
Also, I would like to ask you whether it's possible to stop nucleus simulation after a certain frame. I know its start time can be set, but I've never found anything that would let me turn it off after it's no longer needed. I could render the simulation frames, then turn off the nucleus solver and render the rest, but it's troublesome and gets tedious very quickly. If I cache the simulation, it still eats up some resources and I really don't need any movement after that particluar frame.

HowardM
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Just key the Nucleus off at that frame.

You can create loops, like you would anything else, by creating a cache, making blendshapes, and mixing between them... do a search on how to do a loop in general, and youll get the idea..

Fanko
03-31-2011, 01:48 PM
I am interested to know how to do it as well.

I have trying to make a looping flag animation.

I tried to set the initial state using the last frame, but its not really work.

animatedfox
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
This tutorial was in 3D world this month...should do the trick for you.
Proof that I need to remember that the trax editor exists just for cases like this.
While this isn't getting you back to frame one...I think the methodology could be used to do it...haven't tried it though.

http://www.3dworldmag.com/2011/03/05/loop-an-ncloth-simulation-in-maya/

Hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.