PDA

View Full Version : proxy works but full render crashes- should I batch?

pseudopod
01-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Hello,

My comp renders and works fine in proxy mode; however, when I go to render it in full mode it crashes. Maybe the script is too heavy for my machine?

I was just wondering - if I work in proxy mode and everything is fine, can I then switch to full mode and render a batch?

Would batch rendering be able to render where my comp couldn't?

And can anyone explain to me how to batch render in nuke or let me know if there is a good tutorial out there on how to do this. I can't seem to find one.

Thanks!

vikasgusain
01-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi, I think you just need to relink the proxy to the full size footage..

beaker
01-23-2011, 12:59 AM
How much ram do you have? What error are you getting on the crash? You can render it in the shell by typing "Nuke -X scriptname.nk". Adjust everything to your environment(path to nuke and version number, etc..).

You can find more in the pdf manual under chapter 21 "What Is a Terminal and How Do I Use One?". Page 604 in the 6.2 docs(may be a different page depending the version your using).

pseudopod
01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
When I turn off proxy mode, the error says:

Memory: malloc failed and cannot free anyting, throwing std::bad_alloc. This will probably crash!
OFlow in OFlow3: Effect raised an error during render.

How ever when in proxy mode, everything is fine.

Do you think rendering in full mode in a batch is the answer though?

Thanks!

beaker
01-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Again, how much ram and what os, what version of nuke, 32 or 64 bit?

std::bad_alloc means you are running out of ram. Try rendering in the commandline and see if it works. If you don't have enough ram then increase the amount of swap space could help. It will render slow when it goes into swap but atleast it will finish.

pseudopod
01-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Sorry Beaker,

Here is the info you asked about regarding my system:

I have:
3gigs of RAM
32 bit
Windows XP

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your help!

beaker
01-26-2011, 04:00 AM
did you try it in the commandline?

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2011, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.