PDA

View Full Version : "damn Medusa.." WIP

Cisc0
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Hello all, I tried to post this work in the CG gallery, but they said this isn't finished so I would really appreciate to read some C&C about it, because I don't know what to do with this work at the moment.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz64/Cisc0_bucket/Sketchbook%20Thread%20on%20CGTalk/petryfiedgolem.jpg

NTE
01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
I'd say resolve the hands. Right now it looks like you haven't really decided what they should look like. You might try finishing the painting on his legs as well.

RicoD
01-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Maybe give everything a higher level of finish? Right now it looks like a sketch, not a finished work.

Cisc0
01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
ok I understood, thanks a lot guys!

stuh505
01-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Not everything is meant to be a photo realistic painting.

It is obvious from the way that this was painted that the beauty is supposed to be in the sketch itself. So yes, it is a sketch, but it's not the kind of sketch that is meant to be the precursor to anything else. Asking him to turn it into a digital painting is, imho, insulting his chosen style.

I like it. And I'm sorry but I think the real answer is simply that cgsociety is prejudiced against sketchwork and you'll need to find somewhere else to showcase it.

ejayM2
01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
If you are going for the sketchy look, try to take a look at Craig Mullins' work. He has a finished look to his sketches whereas this one just feels like a sketch. That's probably why it didn't get accepted.

RicoD
01-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Not everything is meant to be a photo realistic painting.

It is obvious from the way that this was painted that the beauty is supposed to be in the sketch itself. So yes, it is a sketch, but it's not the kind of sketch that is meant to be the precursor to anything else. Asking him to turn it into a digital painting is, imho, insulting his chosen style.

I like it. And I'm sorry but I think the real answer is simply that cgsociety is prejudiced against sketchwork and you'll need to find somewhere else to showcase it.
Who's talking about photorealistic? I for one was merely mentioning a 'higher level of finish'. As in less arbritrary lines and areas. Have everything serve a purpose.

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2011, 07:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.