PDA

View Full Version : Maya2011 treeLister control

jackyu00
01-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Has anyone tried the new UI control "treeLister" of Maya2011?
It seems like a good solution for designing a file operation tool.
But it only supports LMB excuting command on the item, there is no RMB command or double click command.
Is there any other way to do this? Thanks.

ginodauri
01-20-2011, 07:56 AM
I think answer is no.

This control is great but need to have more control , i hope in new maya they will make this control more customizable.

Only way to get more different commands is with getModifiers command.

r4inm4ker
01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
I think that there might be workaround using qt or pyqt to catch the event now that maya2011 is basically build with it. But i haven't started to touch this stuff myself, so have no idea what the code would look like.

dushyantk
01-20-2011, 10:48 AM
I think that there might be workaround using qt or pyqt to catch the event now that maya2011 is basically build with it. But i haven't started to touch this stuff myself, so have no idea what the code would look like.

I've posted this in a separate Thread, but hope someone might notice it here... :arteest: I want to create a custom Maya UI with visor window embedded in it with other controls. In this visor pane I want tabs pointing to custom Directory paths. Doing all this, I want to make sure that the actual Visor window remains intact with all it's tabs As Is.

Another solution could be a treeLister, but then the script couldn't be used in older Maya versions. Also, treeLister doesn't seems to be so flexible, and I've to code an Iterator myself to browse sub-directories and HAVE TO define a way to show thumbnails also. :argh:

Actually I want to make a file browser which displays thumbnails of maya files/textures and more or less works as a project manager. And Maya Visor seems to be the most neat UI for the purpose.

Any help or other solutions to this 'd be seriously appreciated :bowdown: , as I am struggling from a long time on this... :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2011, 10:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.