PDA

View Full Version : La Belle Dame Sans Merci

RuFo
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/018/8/5/la_belle_dame_sans_merci_by_rufoo-d37i5oq.jpg

This is my last painting. I'm trying to get better on painting skin and dress..
I wanted to post this in the finished pieces gallery but it has been declined. Can I know
what you think about it and what do I have to do to have a better result?

stuh505
01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Beautiful work...
I don't mind low contrast images in terms of overall tone, but the hair and dress are both lacking in details and being low contrast without much detail makes them look flat. With the hair I think you just need to punch the highlights. On the dress, you could use more detail in the cloth folds. The 2D print you have overlaid isn't helping. Look to the Renaissance...
The skin looks good to me although the right breast and boob-crack could be improved a little.
With touch ups, I definitely think you can get this accepted.

RuFo
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
mmh yeah, thank's for the tips =)

kami1314
01-20-2011, 05:25 PM
from what i can see the head an neck look like they are a little bit pasted together, it seems to be because the neck muscle looks like is headed towards her chin instead to the back of her ear,its just that bit of shading in the neck that makes it look so.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2011, 05:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.