PDA

View Full Version : IK Blend

turner006
01-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Hello, this is my first time posting to this site. I was told to sign up by one of my friends at University as he said it's a good place to get help, and help is exactly what's needed right now.

I'm currently working on a Motion Capture module at Uni and I'm having problems with Biped in Max. I've exported the Biped into MotionBuilder, did all the unparenting and reset all the rotations. I reparented everything and messed around with the pre-rotations because of knee joints and elbow joints not bending in the right way. Now when I export the Motion Capture data from MotionBuilder in to 3DS Max, Bipeds left arm looks like it's rotated 180 degrees so the it's facing the wrong way in the T-Pose. The animation requires the Biped to hold a gun in his right hand, which is moving fine. My lecturer told me to use IK Blend on the left hand once I've got the gun into place with the right. The help I'm looking for is this. How do I attach the gun into Biped hand properly because I seem to be having some problems with that and what is IK Blend and how do I do it? My deadline is Friday for this module so a speedy response would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading

turner006

blake_spector
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Here's a tutorial on creating an IK/FK blending arm rig -
http://www.paulneale.com/tutorials/IKFKarm/IKFKarmSetup.html

turner006
01-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks very much! The tutorial worked a treat. You've made me one happy student!

blake_spector
01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Excellent. Credits to PEN for this tutorial ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.