PDA

View Full Version : Cancel Reference load after loading started

jojanpm
01-19-2011, 07:28 AM
How can v cancel a Reference load? (Considering the case of huge assets refs are chosen for load by mistake)
I am not talking about the case of Maya file open, my case is when loading using Reference editor. Hope its clear.
Is there a MEL/Python way?

Sorath
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't quiet understand.
but in the File -- open dialog option box you can say 'selective preload' at the reference pane.
That makes a popup window which let's you choose which refs needs to be loaded.
If you then just load without setting the checkbox you have an empty scene but the refs are visible in the ref editor.. from there you're able to load them afterwards.

cheers
bastian

jojanpm
01-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Thanx Sorath for reply. Actually i know that.
See this part of my Qn: "I am not talking about the case of Maya file open, my case is when loading using Reference editor." in an already opened scene. To be more clear, a specific reference is being loaded at this moment - How can i cancel this load (because I dont need it) like by pressing Escape key during playblast?

Sorath
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't know of any abort functions..
sorry.

r4inm4ker
01-20-2011, 12:15 AM
I believe it's not possible, as with the case of running a mel script, it's not possible to interrupt it except the script has handler for interrupt key.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2011, 12:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.