PDA

View Full Version : zoom effect????

andre_alder
10-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi friends.

I've seem this question in another forum, but I still have some doubts:

"Does anyone know how they do the zoom effect where you have a shot of the earth then it zooms to street level in a smooth transition. Most movies will have it zoom from a earth still to a cloud scene then to earth level. Hope I was clear enough".

http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=862

thanx
AD

arvid
10-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Ideally you'd have an extremely high resolution image of the place your starting from and just zoom out of it. Since that's hardly possible you'd have to transition between smaller images of the same detail as you're zooming out. With good material it's not that complicated, clouds are often used as transitions when you need to go from for example the entire city -> the entire country etc. I've had decent results with satelite photos bought on the web and simple Afterfx 3D camera moves (scaling is not the same as moving your camera ;) ), which of course applies to combustion as well.
Any clearer? :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.