PDA

View Full Version : Box #3 doubt...need help

patriculus
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
a simple doubt...

i have an animated object emitting particles....how can i use Box #3 to slow down particles when this animated object is moving slowly??

and when the object resumes its original speed i want the particles also to do it

Nickolay411
01-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Attached is a very basic sample file.

Create a new data op.
Then Create a SELECT OBJ Node
Select your object that will control the speed.
Wire that to an OBJECT node
choose object speed from dropdown.
Create a vector function, add the objects speed to a vector of (0,0,0)
Then wire that to a standard output operator (vector)
then wah lah. you've got a start to a something that works!
cheers,
Nick

patriculus
01-19-2011, 09:24 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!......that was incredible....its works great if am animating by hand but not working if i animated the sphere along a spline using PathDeform (WSM) modifier....i have one more doubt...what if am using forces on this emitter...i mean, in my scene a sphere is moving along a spline....this sphere is the Emitter...i have a Wind force applied to it with 0 strength and with some turbulence....i added the data operator with your settings....but the Force is not active....

i've PM'ed the scene

patriculus
01-19-2011, 09:46 AM
i just animated a sphere using mouse input with motion capture...i used your data operator and the particles just stick to the sphere...what i want was particles emitting from the sphere like a trail and then i want that trail of particles to match the speed of the sphere...please help me

Nickolay411
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey P,

The following may not be the best way of doing this but it seems to work. I am using particle age as a variable that allows for the trail to happen. The smaller the age the less it is affected by the sphere but the older the particle the more it is. Using speed magnitude vs vector now and its pretty convincing. check it out.

-N

patriculus
01-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Thank you lostdragoon...its really a convincing effect...i just cant stop thanking you..Thanks for sharing

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2011, 08:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.