01-18-2011, 07:28 PM
you make outo rig , very nice work

hope you you like my first showreel
http://vimeo.com/18839388

eek
01-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi Ahmed,

Solid stuff! Few little notes i had:

Firstly the pops, cracks, spits of sound at the beginning/middle - is this intentional? Its a little distracting.

Clearly defined titles - having the title at the bottom 'Modular Auto-Rig' with descriptions to the right can get distracting as you're having to scan back and forth between what's happening and the text.

Understand pacing - The reel needs to be quick but don't rush through what your showing - Pause, explain to audience/viewer clearly what you're demonstrating and then proceed to show it.

Awesome work!

Cheers,

IkerCLoN
01-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey, that's a nice collection of works! I'm pretty much with eek here and I think it would be great to rethink the timing of the reel. Sometimes there's no time to read the description, although let me say the stuff you show is pretty self-explanatory :)

Your auto-rig tool seems to me one of the most versatile auto-rig tools ever. It's a pity that you don't show the stuff in HD, because it would be interesting to study how you did organize your tools in that floating window. Apart from that, there are some animations in that part that could be improved a little. It's not very important but I guess it helps to make your reel more appealing. Also I would trim some parts of it to make it shorter.

Lots of stuff there, mate, and they all look superb. If you can dedicate some more time to the 'how I show it' it would be great. For me, a solid front page candidate! :buttrock:

shalabology
01-25-2011, 01:04 PM
eYad and max-vfx thank you for replies and i did wach ur reel nice work man
eek:first to say im really happy that u liked the work for the sound drops i dont know it must be non intentional ,the time and pace let me explain thing ididnt collect the material myself it was a friend of mine coz i dont know how to do this on AE or any other program second when we lined up the things in good pace it was 9 minutes and for the blue armor guy i just wanted to say ican do the human realistic rigs but u r right it could be omited , i just wanted to point out that i sacrified many other stuffs to demo for the sake of time , always a headache to collect a reel but again im proud u liked my work
iker:hey man ! how its going with u in london ?
and oh my! frontpage ? the thread hardly has any one to pass by either here inn rigging section or in finished work one, but anyhow ,lets dream!
for the autorigger happy u liked it realy although there s much more to add for it however if u r interested in it i would send a good quality demo for it
for the animation u r right but just wanted to point out that most of wat u see there is just personal work so i pegged any animator to give it a test for validation and it was so hard and it took me a time , i m just dreaming of implementing my skills into a big real production so i d have very good animation out of ny rigs and that would make me feel like abillion dollar!

Liman3d
01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
really nice. It was fun to watch it, you are an expert on rigging !

shalabology
02-02-2011, 11:33 AM
thank u lima3d for passingby

shalabology
02-09-2011, 10:15 PM
i updated my first post here by demonstrating pic so it would be more appealing !

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2011, 10:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.