PDA

View Full Version : Camera matrix?

JarasM
01-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey there,
I am completely new to Max SDK. I am currently skimming through the documentation in search of any means that could help me, as more “conventional” approaches (namely 3ds max alone, or using maxscript) do not seem to have what I need - namely to apply more unusual perspective views (reverse perspective) to 3ds Max cameras. To do this I would need to access - and modify - the camera projection matrix. So far I have only found that at least getting the matrix is only possible in the SDK (through the getProj (float mat[4][4]) method in the Camera class), yet have not found a setter for the camera object. There are methods listed in the documentation that seem to create an orthogonal or perspective matrix based on FOV and aspect, yet they probably will not aid me, unless they accept negative values, if I understand this correctly.

So, my question is this: is it possible to do this with the SDK? I would test this approach myself, but it would be nice to have any confirmation if I’m on the right track before I venture into this further. Alternatively, please share if anyone would have any better ideas or hints on how to achieve what I try to do. I also asked about this on Autodesk's Area forums, but it seems my post didn't get noticed much (at least, not enough to get a reply).

Thanks in advance for any help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2011, 01:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.