PDA

View Full Version : Using Quicktime Through maya

rohitdantkale
01-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi everybody, i'm developing pipelined ui tool for handling projects and it can list all files properly and it can also open video files in default prefered player like quicktime, now i want to give a facility to add multiple videos in the player like we do from outside maya (e.g. shot1, shot2,shot3...),

I need help in doing that, is there any way that i can just drag and drop the item from textscrolllist to quicktime player, how to use functions of quicktime through maya so that we can que the list of files

ThankYou
_RoHiT_

pixelranger
01-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Well, which version of Maya are you using? On which OS?

As far as I know you can't drag/drop items from a Maya textscroll list and onto other applications.

You can add pop up controls (right click menu items) with commands executing system commands, like playing the quicktime (the selected file name in the list).

rohitdantkale
01-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi, do anybody know how to do it through mel or python or any other method for it,

dushyantk
01-22-2011, 10:49 AM
As pixelranger said, it's NOT possible to drag from Maya and drop to QT app. What exactly do you want to do..? And off-course, why? :curious:

rohitdantkale
01-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Well, which version of Maya are you using? On which OS?

As far as I know you can't drag/drop items from a Maya textscroll list and onto other applications.

You can add pop up controls (right click menu items) with commands executing system commands, like playing the quicktime (the selected file name in the list).

I'm using maya 2009 x64 on Win XP, there are some dragcallback commands for the textscrolllist, is it possible to drag a item having information of file path in any string and add in a separate list OR if we add some file links in a fresh list and open those videos in a single player as a list,

rohitdantkale
01-22-2011, 02:41 PM
As pixelranger said, it's NOT possible to drag from Maya and drop to QT app. What exactly do you want to do..? And off-course, why? :curious:

I'm doing production pipeline setup where all the files are managed and secured automatically and it also stores playblasts at proper location with proper naming, comments with previous version backups and all, now i want to provide the facility to que up the plablasts right from maya so that no one needs to download the playblasts to local and also no one should go to the path of project from outside, they should be able to que it right from maya ui which i have created, so what can we do for that

pixelranger
01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
calling system commands from right click menu item sounds like the way to go from me.

(I've written a playblast tool that automatically stores versions (image sequences) and detects them when initialized. It has support for playing old versons in fcheck, converting them to quicktime, opening the playblast directory, clean up, converting to quicktime with green objects keyed out and replaced with image plane source and some other options. What I ended up doing was adding a right click menu with entries for the commands. So my suggestion is based on my own experiences with this specific matter, but there might be another way(s) that I didn't come across.)

AcmeImages
01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Any chance at all sharing that script, or at least the part that converts it to quicktime?? I'm working on a short film and with apprx 100 shots, that would be a huge time saver!

calling system commands from right click menu item sounds like the way to go from me.

(I've written a playblast tool that automatically stores versions (image sequences) and detects them when initialized. It has support for playing old versons in fcheck, converting them to quicktime, opening the playblast directory, clean up, converting to quicktime with green objects keyed out and replaced with image plane source and some other options. What I ended up doing was adding a right click menu with entries for the commands. So my suggestion is based on my own experiences with this specific matter, but there might be another way(s) that I didn't come across.)

marcuso
01-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Any chance at all sharing that script, or at least the part that converts it to quicktime?? I'm working on a short film and with apprx 100 shots, that would be a huge time saver!

dj view can do it.
dj_convert mySequence.0001-0100.tif myMovie.mov -speed 25

AcmeImages
01-25-2011, 10:50 PM
dj view can do it.
dj_convert mySequence.0001-0100.tif myMovie.mov -speed 25

I just googled dj view and found this:
http://djvu.org/
Is this what you are talking about? So I just install this program and run that script inside maya and that's it??

Thanks for your help!

Chris~

jschieck
01-26-2011, 04:03 PM
couldn't you just use the system command and something like quicktimeplayer.exe "D:\cine.mp4" "D:\look.mov" like you would if you were opening multiple files from the commmand line?

marcuso
01-29-2011, 10:45 PM
I just googled dj view and found this:
http://djvu.org/
Is this what you are talking about? So I just install this program and run that script inside maya and that's it??

Thanks for your help!

Chris~

Hey, sorry for a late reply, but no. It's a command line thing, outside of maya.
And I misspelled before, it's djv_convert. It's a little tool that comes along with this thing: http://djv.sourceforge.net/ which is also a good RAM player. I use it all the time. Hope that helps.

dushyantk
01-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Great Software, thanks mate! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2011, 08:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.