PDA

View Full Version : Character- Leana, futuristic female

Carnifexs
01-17-2011, 06:22 AM
Hey fellow artists,

I have been developing this character over the past couple of weeks in my spare time from concept to final 3D model. It was created as a next gen character for games. The final 3D model was done in 3D studio max 9, it's made of 9138 tri polys total(inlcuding the body, hair, moveable eyes, and interior of the mouth with teeth). The body has a Diffuse, Spec and Normal map. The hair has it's own Diffuse, Spec, and Normal map as well, the alpha is included in the Diffuse. Here is the current version:

http://www.rebelsphere.com/images/temp/leana_45s_view.png

I have plans of developing equipment for this character in the future. This equipment will include a helmet with a purple visor, hand guns with holsters that will attach to her side leg straps, and a sword and sheath that will attach upside down on the center of her back.

I would love some critiques and comments. I also wouldn't mind hearing what you think about the equipment additions. Hope you enjoy the character!

kanishk2391
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Heyy nice one..... I like the designs of her costume...
Just work a bit on the proportions...
I personally feel the thighs are too broad...
Good one though...
Keep it up :)

Saiph193
01-28-2011, 08:51 AM
She looked big to me, kinda muscular. Also, I agree more on the person above me that her thighs are broad.

I do not know if the intent was to make a sci-fi barbaric girl...

SkwigglesWorth
02-02-2011, 12:14 PM
As the others have said she does feel a bit musucalr and it partly because her proportions are off a bit and there making her short which is making her seem even more musular. To correct the anatomy issuse you need to make her legs longer, her arms could also do with being a bit longer as well.
You may still want to tone down the musucels a bit as well.

Here a quick Paint over to help show you what i mean.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/Petey_70/yz6lh7go.gif

icebargh
02-08-2011, 01:08 AM
she's looking quite stocky, perhaps thinning her out would be nice

rob-beddall
02-12-2011, 08:53 AM
hey,

just a quick one... in my opinion you have too much ambient occlusion on the skin texture.

cheers

Carnifexs
02-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Thank you all for your comments.

I have extended the legs slightly, I'm still going for muscular legs, but i don't want her to seem barbaric. Also, i lowered the ambient oc... I'm working on weighting her right now, will be posting some shots of the character in posses when I'm finished with the weighting... So, here she is with the modifications:

http://www.rebelsphere.com/images/temp/leana_45s_view2.png

LOK76544
02-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Her hands seem very small and considering how muscular she is her butt is pretty flat. Most athletic women have a lot of power back there.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2011, 05:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.