PDA

View Full Version : List all children of the scene?

Xannon
01-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Hey guys,

I'm just trying to write a tool here, and I apologise if these questions are a bit academic, but I have been looking for the info for a few days now and came up with no result.

First off, is there a way to list all the children of a scene? I know itís easy to list children of a node using listRelatives, but I have been unable to work out how to search and list nodes at the top level of a scene.

Secondly, and its not as important, does anyone know if there is a way to lock off panes in paneLayout (make them un-resizeable)?

And lastly, is it at all possible to hide all the UI buttons at the top of a modelPanel? (not the file menu, that was easy enough though, but the whole lighting options, film gate etc etc. options)

Anyone help with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

dbsmith
01-17-2011, 03:52 AM
1. Use ls command, with assemblies=True to get top level nodes.

2. Dunno!

3. You could wrap these controls in their own columnLayout or what have you, then just change the edit the columnLayout command of that layout and set visible=False

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2011, 03:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.