PDA

View Full Version : toolBar command

ManuelM
01-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Tool bars are movable panel that contains a set of controls. They are placed in the tool bar area around the central control in a main window. Tool bars can be moved inside their current area, moved into new areas and floated.

I was wondering if someone found a way to dock toolbars to other windows then Maya's main window?

ewerybody
01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
you mean the Qt things? in 2011?
Otherwise you could create layouts with ShelfButtons everywhere you want..

ManuelM
01-18-2011, 12:06 PM
yeah, those dockable functionality which comes with Maya 2011. Apparently it's accessible through the toolBar command which creates a new dockable space in the main window.
I'm wondering if it's possible to use the same feature in a custom window? It would be great to build highly customizable windows utilizing this technique.
Especially since a two monitor setup is very common nowadays where Maya's main window is usually used on one screen and a plethora of floating windows on the other screen.
I for myself don't like floating windows so it would be really great to being able to come up with a way to dock several windows to a layout in a custom window...

Nyro
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
As far as I know, only the main window acts as a targetable space for docking windows. At least I haven't found a way to make my dock control dock to other controls/UI elements. There seems to be some heavy limitations regarding the current Qt implementation in Maya. Personally, I believe we will see an expansion on Qts many features added to future Maya versions, but we're currently stuck with the 'basics'.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.