PDA

View Full Version : awful result plzz professionals help :(

lordexx
01-16-2011, 06:25 PM
hi everyone
im trying to render this scene in 3ds max, mental ray
but i have the common problems :

1: thins in the scene are too flat, like the walls and the window, i used arch and design materials with bumb maps, and i used mix material with noise in the diffuse color, but still too flat :S

2: i added bumb maps, and it doesnt appear , even when i used big resolution 2000*1000, samples 4/64, mitchel 1,1

3: i have kind of faliur in gradient, and noise

4: when to increase the settings, 3ds max crushes, 3ds max crushs, even i have core i7, 6 giga ddr3

render settings: final gather preset : low, GI, 200 000 photons, 16/64 sampels,
lights : skyligh and mr sky portal
exposure: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1139/exposuren.jpg
i hope also guyz u can give me any tips to make my render more realstic

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/307/shottest.jpg

Kev3D
01-25-2011, 01:27 AM
May I first suggest that the composition is a little bit bland, maybe raise the camera a bit so you can see more of the table and that cool rug. Also, the rug and the table appear to be the centre of interest yet the rug is cropped off, seemingly to keep all the pinup board in frame. I'd do the opposite and get all the rug in frame and not worry too much about cropping the pinup board.

Have you tried really cranking the numbers on the bump and increasing the contrast in the noise to see if they are actually doing anything at all? If you get too much of either you can always wind them back but at least you'll have a starting point.

I'd also suggest making both the key and fill lights brighter, whole thing's a bit dark.

For a scene like this, Toy Story 3 has some great reference.

FrederickLiam
01-25-2011, 11:45 AM
I agree with Kev that you should view more of the top of the table and the rug, as well if you choose to change to that angle you could add a few more things dotted about the table to give some nice shadows on the table from the light.

At the minute it looks as though you are going for a more stylised version such as a film like toy story, I think if you are wanting to go down the more realistic route you may also look at the textures as well but I woul stick with the style that you have now. Maybe you could just crank up the numbers on that main light to give a better bloom of light(if that makes sense to you).

Although that is what I would try and do.

Liam.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2011, 11:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.