PDA

View Full Version : a single vert becomes 'unbound'-GRR!

proximity
10-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Hey have a frustrating problem.:cry:

I have being woking on some arms for several days now- and have been back tracking a bit, deleting a flew blendshapes and redoing a few things. I have discovered that some vertices have become tweaked on the left hand side ( forgot to hold weights I thought ) but no- this vertex still has 1.0 weight to an arm joint but it stays put when you move the arm- like its been constrained to worldspace somehow ) In the component editor under polygons all other verts have a value under normal x y z, but this vert has 'unshared' as it value. How do I fix this.?I tried merging verts with it but it's an edge vert and it will look crap. ( and still it says unshared.)

Thanks for taking the time to read. Any suggestions ( no, I aint rebinding skin.... :banghead: ) would be appreciated.

alesmav
10-16-2003, 09:53 AM
hmm....

have you tried Edit membership tool? Perhaps that vertex got out of the deformer set...

ALES

proximity
10-17-2003, 01:10 AM
yea I tried that tool, but I really couldn't understand how to use it properly. I eventually solved the problem by deleting the problem vertex. Since it was right on an edge its not too noticeable.
Everything seems fine now.

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.