PDA

View Full Version : Allow Disconnection attribute in the attribute editor?

Pin_pal
01-16-2011, 12:36 AM
I don't know why this is happening but I can't find this 'Allow Disconnection' attribute in the attribute editor.

I open Maya
Create a poly cube
Select it
Create active rigid body
And this message appears:

// rigidSolver // // rigidBody1 //
// Warning: Cannot disconnect: 'rigidBody1.generalForce' from 'rigidSolver.generalForce'. To force the disconnection, set the 'Allow Disconnection' attribute in the attribute editor. //
// Error: Connection not made: 'rigidBody1.generalForce' -> 'rigidSolver.generalForce[0]'. Source node will not allow the disconnection. //
// Warning: Cannot disconnect: 'rigidBody1.generalForce' from 'rigidSolver.generalForce'. To force the disconnection, set the 'Allow Disconnection' attribute in the attribute editor. //
// Error: Connection not made: 'rigidBody1.generalForce' -> 'rigidSolver.generalForce[0]'. Source node will not allow the disconnection. //
// Warning: Cycle on 'pCube1.worldMatrix[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

I can't find this 'Allow Disconnection' attribute in the attribute editor.....

Using Maya 2011

splinta
01-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Having the exact same problem. Really frustrating. Seems the rigid body system in Maya 2011 is broken. What vesion are you using? I.e. Hotfix 1, 2, 3, Service pack 1?

splinta
01-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Ok figured it out. What I eventually had to do was delete my pluginPref.mel from my maya prefs folder. Then restart maya. It will recreate the file with the defaults. If it doesn't work, try deleting the userprefs.mel also. they are both recreated upon maya's restart.

Hope this helps :)

Pin_pal
01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Ok figured it out. What I eventually had to do was delete my pluginPref.mel from my maya prefs folder. Then restart maya. It will recreate the file with the defaults. If it doesn't work, try deleting the userprefs.mel also. they are both recreated upon maya's restart.

Hope this helps :)

Yup that did it! Thank you so much! I'm using 2011 SP3.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.