PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point in Vue 9 Complete Sidegrades From Vue Infinite - the costs?

ctguitars
01-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi Guys,

I own Vue 8 Infinite. Recently I was looking at the VUE Pricelists for a sidegrade to Vue 9 Complete:

https://secure.e-onsoftware.com/buy/?page=2

Scroll down to Vue 9 Complete section then to Sidegrades From Vue Infinite sub section.

Vue 9 Complete - Vue Infinite sidegrade: US$599

Vue 9 Complete - Vue Infinite sidegrade + Annual Subscription: US$99

So if you want to sidegrade to Vue 9 Complete WITHOUT a sub it costs the same as actually buying the full product? That sounds like a revolutionary pricing policy ... not!

Aidan

wfstecko
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Am I getting this straight? A sidegrade from Vue 8 Infinite to Vue 9 Complete (a lower end package) costs $599, which is the full price of Complete? But an upgrade from 8 Infinite to 9 Infinite is $295 - half the price?

Why would anyone pay twice as much for a lesser product? And what's the point of "sidegrading" if you're paying full price anyway? Better to just buy a new license altogether and run both on different computers.

I wish they'd send me some of whatever it is they're smoking.

Walter

MikeFrampton
01-17-2011, 10:03 AM
LOL Walter, sorry, but we can't spare any of that stuff ;-)

Seriously, there was a special offer that ended on the 31st of December, and the system automatically listed the standard pricing after the offer ended.
We have now restored a special discount for owners of previous Vue Infinite versions to upgrade to Vue 9 Complete. The price is $199, and you get an additional discount if you go for the product subscription.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards

mermaidine
01-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Yep but there is definitly a problem with this offer, because a friend of mine took this choise and sidegraded from Vue 7.5 inf to 9 complete...
Alas a lot of the plants, which were baught with 7.5 infinite won't work anymore in 9 Complete due to license reasons and my friend was told to buy all this plants, she already had anew - so if you are used especially to the plants you had with Vue 7.5 this is going to be a definitly higher price than the offer is.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2011, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.