PDA

View Full Version : camera switcher and slowmo

martinuk
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
hi:

i want to switch cameras in the middle of my animation. In maya i had mel scripts that did that and now the sequencer is great but in xsi i am lost.

is there a script to do this?

2. i want to add slowmo to some shots. how do i do this?

thanks.

bravmm
01-16-2011, 09:51 AM
For the camera's you can 'dump' them in the mixer, and 'edit' your camera animation. I do this a lot of previs.
For slowmo you can try the timewarp tool.

From what I've seen, the Maya sequencer is doing the same thing, but a little bit more automated.

rob

martinuk
01-17-2011, 07:23 PM
so basically you animate one camera and store actions. then you put them into the mixer.
but it is only one cam right?

bravmm
01-17-2011, 09:43 PM
yes, that's correct. one camera per mixer.
The mixer will take over the animation of the camera. It's very quick to setup, and trimming, re-timing and adding cross-fades is easy to do.
Ans simple tweaks to the animation can be added on top on the track in the mixer too.

Not sure about the Maya alternative, is that controlling multiple camera's?

rob

edit: what you also can do is set up the two camera animations, and get a third camera, that is just constrained to both. Now just animate what constraint is active during the playback for jumping camera animation.

martinuk
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
in maya you select the camera and then click new shot and it creates a clip with that camera. then you can replace shot with different cameras.

kind of the same thing but for multiple cameras.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.