PDA

View Full Version : Future developments of Blender

Jezait
10-16-2003, 04:04 AM
I wan't to open this thread to what you think should be a part of future releases of Blender. It's not a place to argue what should or shouldn't be inclueded. Just express your opnions on what you would like to see. :cool:

Let 'em rip!

Apollux
10-16-2003, 04:56 AM
Have you seen the "CubeMap" UV-Mapping option that is on Shmeder? ... it is about time that it get ported into the official Blender release.

I'm not particulary crazy about the Undo options of Shemnder, although.

Another one (and quite simple): a "32" setting on the Rendering OverSampling options.. many times "16" just isn' t enought!!!

BgDM
10-16-2003, 12:57 PM
I agree with the AA option Apollux. Great suggestion. Have you mentioned it at blender.org?

For me, and I have suggested it 2 times at blender.org forum, I want to see completely redone boolean operations. I would uise them all the time for stuff, if they worked well. Right now, they just plain suck. This needs to get fixed, BIG TIME!

BgDM

Apollux
10-16-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BgDM
I agree with the AA option Apollux. Great suggestion. Have you mentioned it at blender.org?

For me, and I have suggested it 2 times at blender.org forum, I want to see completely redone boolean operations. I would uise them all the time for stuff, if they worked well. Right now, they just plain suck. This needs to get fixed, BIG TIME!

BgDM

I haven't mentioned... and provably I won' t. Have you seen the feature request system at Blender.org? They have 10x request than they can ever manage... people just post and post silly and badly explained request, and the few that are actually good get lost and burried by the tons of never-to-be-done requests. I posted one request and 15 minutes later I was unable to find it !!! :scream:

About the Booleans... Some time ago I started an ongoing petititon thread so that the INTERSECT tool is added back into blender... go over there and show your support, maybe they ' ll pay attention this time.

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1137

(488 views, but only 8 replays :shame: )

jeaninmontreal
10-18-2003, 01:43 AM
I wish... to be so rich that I could pay my own programmer to add all the features that I dream of.
I also wish that she'd wear transparent clothing and sleep in a bottle so I wouldn't have to move... but that's another story.

-----------------------------------

Just off the top of my head

I really wish that it would be possible to lock the scaling to two axes at the same time.
I wish that that we could lock to move only vertically or horizontally *relative to the view*. This, in combination with the Shift+V hotkeys would allow for a more precise placement on a given face (or group of faces) and also for precise extrusion along the normal of the face rather than alt+s which scales along the normal of the vertices (if I understand well)
Then again, why not having a real extrusion along the face(s) normal(s) so we could do many faces at the same time ?

I wish that we could record macros or our activities in the interface to cut short to some repetitive work.

I wish that we could record our own hotkeys so we could have the most useful for us under the fingers. Maybe by using a detection of capsLock to avoid conflicts with the current hotkeys.

I wish that we had a redo now that we have a reasonable undo in edit mode. (Tuhopuu) If possible, I wish that we had a real history. Also I wish that the stack of undo (last action on top) would rather be a list, like it is in Photoshop, the Gimp... almost everywhere else : more natural, less computer minded.

I wish that we had a "Copy Size" constraint.

Iwish that we had a use lattice, use armature, use local coordinates (of a given object or empty) as global for a given selection, etc rather than relying on parenting for all that. *Nice work Theeth for the 'follow path' constraint : thank you thank you thank you.

I wish that any animation could be taken into account by the NLA not just the action of the armatures.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.