PDA

View Full Version : Verts ain't moving..

Otter35
01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm not too experienced in rigging so i would like some help please. I'm rigging a regular human character (simple rig since it plays minor part of the animation). I'm using Skin tool in 3Ds Max 2010. The problem is, that some verts just won't move and can't be skinned. They're not connected to different bones (as far as i checked but could be wrong...) I'm clicking the "rigid" tool and "exclude selected verts" to control on which verts should not move. And using the "Paint weights". I'm using the same technique on all other parts of the character and they work only the shoulder and hand not wishing to work. Project is heavy on deadline so I would like some help ASAP!

But many verts (especially one of the hands just doesn't want to move, and can't be painted whether i include or exclude verts, turn on or off "rigid" or turn on or off "normalize".) Basically i tried everything I know in Max... By turning off "normalize" fixed some verts here and there but it doesn't work on many of them. Here are some sample images of the issue. Many thanks!

Otter35
01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I think i found the method to fix it but hints and suggestions are always welcome in case i mess it up again :) Thanks anyway

MattRennie
01-17-2011, 05:29 PM
rst of all I would ensure that the verts arent hidden in your edit poly modifier.

Then I would try baking the vertex weights in the skin modifier. I usueally do this to ensure that I can actually modifier the vertex weights on a per vert basis.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2011, 05:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.