PDA

View Full Version : Need help in fixing the chin's skin binding

Hoood
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi all,
I am new to rigging and managed to build a good rig and bind it semi-perfectly. I just faced a problem with the character's chin. The chin doesn't seem to follow any bone of the rig and while trying to fix it with paint weighting tool or via component editor the chin's verticies get even more distorted.

I think that the whole head is reacting weirdly to the bones, it gets bent if I move/rotate the controller.

See the attached image to have an idea about my problem.

That's really strange to me as I don't know how to fix it or if there's any other non-traditional technique to follow with such problems.

See the attached image to get an idea of what's going on.

All kinds of help are welcome guys

MattRennie
01-13-2011, 05:56 PM
In a case like this, i would weight the whole of the head to your head bone(so its totally solid) and then gradually paint weight back onto your neck and face bones if you have any.

It looks like there is too much influence on the lower part of the head from the neck bone.

RecklessCowboy
01-13-2011, 11:47 PM
I'd do what MattRennie said and re-weight the whole head, flooding it 100% to the head joint.

If it's still acting kooky, check the component editor & make sure everything looks good - no strange deformers weighing in, smooth skin total is 1, etc. Also, make sure Hold Weights isn't on.

Hoood
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey guys,

First, I didn't know how to do that and didn't want to ask more questions, then I started deforming the whole head with weight-painting tool to link the head to its main bone, but the head went toooo wrong. After a few clicks everything has started to go back to their oroginal place and the head binds correctly.

Thanks guys for this help, I'm lucky because of you ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.