PDA

View Full Version : Pond wake clipping

bertjenkins
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi Folks

I have a problem with a pond/wake setup... the vertical fluid bounds are clipping to a plateau. I'm using a pond with various wake emitters to simulate raindrops. In the 'notes' section It suggests increasing the 'size' parameter- this just increases the height but the clipping just occurs at a higher level.

There is a previous post on this in which Duncan suggests adjusting the displacement settings on the fluid's shape node, however isn't the shape node only created when you convert to polys? Otherwise there doesn't seem to be a displacement setting on the pond shape node. Does that mean i should make adjustments and then save out the scene as a backup, then convert to polys?

thanks

mandark1011
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
you are emitting too much density and/or heat into your pond. The clipping is happening because of that. Try making your top bounds something outrageous and try again
hope that helps

pixelranger
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
likie mandark1011 said, it has to do with the density. What you can also do is increase just the height and at the same time turn down the density scale then you should be able to arrive at wakes of the same height, with a higher bound, and without changing the emission (and thereby the simulation if you're happy with it otherwise.

bertjenkins
01-14-2011, 09:23 AM
thanks folks that did the trick!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2011, 09:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.