PDA

View Full Version : Problem with scale in vue xstream

nelpiper
01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi guys. I ran into a weird problem and pulling my hair out cause I canīt find a solution. Iīm exporting a mesh from 3DS MAX 2010 x64 as .3ds into vue. The first image shows the dimensions of the mesh.

I open it up in vue with FILE/IMPORT OBJECT and it comes fine as the second iaage shows the dimensions exactly as they came out from MAX.

I just apply a simple material to the mesh and save it as a .vob. Now comes the problem.

I go to the vue xstream menu and OBJECT/LOAD OBJECT. When I load the .vob file, in the viewport it appears to be ok but the scale is 100x times bigger than the original as the third image shows.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on?

Thank you.

bruno021
01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Seems to be an internal units problem. Now I don't know Max, so I don't know if it uses real world units for its internal unit system, but if it does, what are the internal units set to?
Also in Vue, what are your internal units set to? And when you import your object, in the import window options, do you have automatic rescaling on? Or is there a scaling value there by default?

nelpiper
01-24-2011, 11:14 AM
I made sure the units are the same both in MAX and VUE. Both are using cm as the base unit. VUE is displaying m but the base unit is in cm. No automatic scaling. Just the defaults.
Thanks.

bruno021
01-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Could it be related to the 3ds format? I know importing obj, for example in C4D you need to scale it up to 100x to get an equivalent size...

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2011, 12:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.