PDA

View Full Version : "Grainy" renders with Messiah Studio 1.5

bugzilla
10-15-2003, 09:14 PM
I just downloaded the final release of Messiah Studio. (I had purchased the Advance Release).

I have been experimenting with the renderer but every render I get looks grainy. I have set different levels of antialiasing, used all the GI types, turned on and off features like "Auto Reduction" and "Irradiance Cache" with the same result.

Any ideas?

lmilton
10-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Can you post a sample image and a screenshot of the Render->Settings interface?

-lyle

gsuttor
10-17-2003, 04:59 AM
Got an image?

I just rendered these images of the sponza radiosity test scene with default settings and it worked pretty well, grain will dissapear with increased samples (yet to try)

gsuttor
10-17-2003, 05:06 AM
Sponza1 - wow 20k doesnt allow for any image quality CGTalk.
How do ppl post those lovely bug images?

gsuttor
10-17-2003, 05:09 AM
Bugger it, this is to hard to post images, just go to the photo section on the messiah yahoo groups and theres a big one with them all.

Geoff.

Geco
10-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by gsuttor
How do ppl post those lovely bug images? hi Geoff,
try ProJPEG (http://www.boxtopsoft.com/projpeg.html) to squeeze your jpeg attachments or use a link (to yahoo, your homepage or any other place).

lmilton
10-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by gsuttor
How do ppl post those lovely bug images?

You need to use the IMG feature when composing your message. You'll see it in the vB Code section right above the text area into which you're typing.

-lyle

lmilton
10-22-2003, 06:36 PM
So, Bugzilla...

Can you provide any more info? An image? Some settings? A scene? Just a little more info so I can help you?

-lyle

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.