PDA

View Full Version : nParticle collisions and collider normals

Phlok
01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi,

if you have nParticles colliding with a passive collider object, is it possible to enable collisions for the outside of that object, only?

For example in RealFlow, you can choose wether to make particles collide with outside, inside or both sides of an object, depending on its normals. I know in maya isn't a switch like that but probably this could be done via scripting. Unfortunately nParticles doesn't support the CollisionGeometryIndex (AFAIK), so I don't have an idea on how to get there.

Does anybody have an idea?

mandark1011
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I had this situation recently and Duncans response was that it couldnt be done...unfortunately.

specifically my issue was a collision without a collision. Nparticles passing through a collision object but recording the "event" for scripting purposes.

Aikiman
01-11-2011, 07:54 PM
I had this situation recently and Duncans response was that it couldnt be done...unfortunately.

specifically my issue was a collision without a collision. Nparticles passing through a collision object but recording the "event" for scripting purposes.

One way to get some sort of proximity between particles and something else is to use a field and grab the inputForce value.

mandark1011
01-11-2011, 09:57 PM
yah thanks Aikiman i seem to remember a master class that dealt with the input force of a field..ill have to dig through my old tuts for it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-11-2011, 09:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.