PDA

View Full Version : Animation Reel - January 2011 - Dhruv Govil

dgovil
01-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my latest demo reel for the month of January 2011. I'd love it if you could give me feedback and spread it if you like it.

There's a lot of work I unfortunately couldn't put on, NDAs and such, but I'm working on my personal stuff and should have a bigger, better reel in Feb.

You can also check out more of my work on www.dgovil.com. I'm an animator, currently living in Vancouver, BC.

Thanks!

dgovil
01-14-2011, 09:41 AM
No feedback chappies and chappettes? I had a bit of an animation spree lately, hopefully stuff that will end up on my next reel. It's good when I can see myself improving.

thehive
01-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey here are my thoughts if anything

1. i dont see anything that has to do with generalist skils ie: particles modeling comping
2.the demo is super short
3.the animation needs more polish work
4.the audio dosent make sense with the work you have

dgovil
01-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Hey here are my thoughts if anything

1. i dont see anything that has to do with generalist skils ie: particles modeling comping
2.the demo is super short
3.the animation needs more polish work
4.the audio dosent make sense with the work you have

Thanks very much for the feedback :-)

I've been told by many recruiters, that for a Junior position, this is approximately the length one wants. Though I am working on more content to add to it and swap out with the current stuff.

As for the generalist bit, I also did the compositing, rigging, lighting, modelling(for what it's worth:-P ) and shading. I agree the reel doesn't highlight those facts, but the truth is that they are in there, so I think that does make it a generalist reel.

But points taken. I will have a new reel out as soon as I finish my current VFX reel.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2011, 05:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.