PDA

View Full Version : Maya character animation question

Picanzo
01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey, dont know if this is the right place to post this question but here it goes.

Me plus some friends are aiming to do a 3D movie but we're still onto our middle steps. The big question i have is about the character models.

Here's the thing: I wanted to know if you can create a full high res character in Zbrush, lower the subdivision and export low sub model to maya (for rigging and animation) and then, export a high subdivision displacement map to maya, from Zbrush.

The prob is, i've heard you first have to do a basic model in Maya, export to Zbrush, do an high res model and after only that, export displacement map to Maya.

So, how is it??

nuternativ
01-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I think it's good to have Lo-poly model with GOOD edge flow in maya first since you're going to be doing a lot of deformation and stuff. Especially, in the face. Retopology might cause bad edge flow to the model, and that's not good for deforming.

eYadNesS
01-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes you can, it doesn't matter. Just make sure that your edge loops are really good for rigging purpose, and your low res model in ZBrush do not change while working on it, that if you want to work rigging/animation and ZBrush detailing at the same time.

Picanzo
01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Thats so good to hear. We're definitly working on characters only first, and only after that, we are going to animate.

It's just that it allows for better time consumption.

Thank you for replying.

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.