PDA

View Full Version : A real time animation script possible?

Paul McLaughlin
01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Is it possible to have maya set keys at a set interval in real time? Say every .3 seconds? So lets say you move an object across the screen for 10 seconds, Maya would have keyed that motion 30 times. You could then stop the script and playback the motion watching what motions you just made.

It probably wouldn't work too well with things that have already been keyed, but for initial blocking it would be a very powerful tool. Does a script like this exist or do I have to try to write it myself/convince someone else to?

Mark-J
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Maya has a record setup you can hook into, basically you add attributes to the recordAttr command then use the `play -rec` command to record those interactively. Now as long as your timeline is playing all those attrs that were set with the recordAttr will be picked up and keyed at each frame interval, kind of mouseMoCap in real time. When you're done you just have to remove the recordAttrs.

It works really well when you messing around with facial etc, just set the attrs to record, grab the capture and your done.

Mark

Paul McLaughlin
01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Maya has a record setup you can hook into, basically you add attributes to the recordAttr command then use the `play -rec` command to record those interactively. Now as long as your timeline is playing all those attrs that were set with the recordAttr will be picked up and keyed at each frame interval, kind of mouseMoCap in real time. When you're done you just have to remove the recordAttrs.

It works really well when you messing around with facial etc, just set the attrs to record, grab the capture and your done.

Mark

Yeah, I guess it is along those lines:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=196700

This is exactly what I was talking about. I don't understand why this is not taught/common knowledge/a feature that ships with Maya.

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2011, 03:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.