PDA

View Full Version : modo and Indexed colour

jamesylvester
01-07-2011, 09:26 AM
hi guys,

just started using modo, does any one know if you can use images from photoshop that are in "indexed colour" mode.

i'm having trouble importing diffuse maps when importing objects, and all i can think of is that modo doesnt support them

cheers

ezekiel66
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
What kind of problems do you encounter when you import diffuse maps? And why would you have to use image maps that are in indexed colors mode?

I have tested to apply a indexed color tiff image as diffuse map in Modo 501. Works fine.

jamesylvester
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
thanks for the help,

when i try to import tgas in indexed colour mode, i get an error message and they wont import.
its fine if i import targas in rgb mode.

i dont have to use indexed images, is just that all our textures are indexed to save memory so its gonna be alot of hassel changing them all.

also i'm using 401

cheers

ezekiel66
01-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Tested this again with a indexed colors TGA like you did. Modo indeed seems to have problems importing this format, it's not working in 401 or 501.

You might have to change the file format for this to work, I'm not sure if there is any other way. Maybe post this in the official Modo forum if you didn't already?

I would just use some batch converter to convert the tga files to rgb, probably the easiest way.

jamesylvester
01-10-2011, 08:43 AM
thanks alot mate,

glad to know its not just me.

we're just testing modo at the mo, so its just something to keep in mind if we decide to use it.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2011, 08:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.