PDA

View Full Version : Question about updating a script to work with newer version of 3ds max

GunEcstasy
01-07-2011, 04:50 AM
I'd really appreciate any input here.

There is a .b3d exporter (Blitz3D) for 3ds max 9 called B3d Pipeline which the creator doesn't update anymore.

I'd really like to use this in 3ds max 2011, but I haven't yet figured out how to recompile and/or edit MaxScript code for the newer version.

The source seems to be in 12 different files. Four of them are .mse format, one .msr, the rest are .ms format. And unfortunately, the source code is only for the 3ds max 6 version.

My question is... could this script simply be recompiled for 3ds max 2011?

The .mse format seems to be encrypted so you can't read the code, but could it possibly be recompiled as-is?

Basically I'm wondering if MaxScript is forwards compatible (if it is recompiled)?

If anyone can help, you would be a complete hero to a small but thriving community of Blitz3D/BlitzMax users.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

marktsang
01-09-2011, 07:39 PM
hi,
maxscripts are not compiled - thats why they are scripts
as you have noticed .mse is encrypted that means the only person who can update is the person who has the sources code - i.e the author - why not email the author and ask is an update possible
the most likely reason it no longer works is because max now uses dotnet instead of activex for some userinterface stuff

mark

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2011, 07:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.