PDA

View Full Version : blobby guy with RfM

republicavfx
01-07-2011, 12:43 AM
im working on this particle render ..a fake fluid look using blobbys and goals on some dancing guy...looks pretty good generally however, im having some render problems with renderman for maya

i like Rf because its really fast and i get teh free mo blur and depth of field. the firts 200 frames render out like 20 seconds a frame but then it drops dead at frame 200 and cant seem to complete the frame, the memory races up to 5 gigs usage and i have to stop or restart the machine.

ive cached the particles and put a max limit in. i got 2 systems with blobbies with no more than 40,000 particles in total. the first system emits the second ´splash´ system lifespans are short and im using phong shader with....lol rather thab describing it ill attach the file(without cache)

im trying to become good with RfM so any trouble shooting help greatly appreciated. im not interested in doing it in mental ray. im not smart enough for mental ray lol

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2011, 12:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.