PDA

View Full Version : maya fluids - advice appreciated

quirkalfeeg
01-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi,

I've been dipping in and out of Maya fluids on and off, but have recently spent a couple of days looking into some smoke trail r+d.

Link here:
http://vimeo.com/18495192

I'm semi happy with what I have at the moment but on the leading edge where the fluid is emitted from, you can see the cube like fluids quite clearly until they get lost in the mass of the joining fluid.

Is there a way to smooth this off? I tried upping the sub steps and solver detail but didn't have any luck. I also tried fiddling with the fluid emitter distance/drop off but didn't have any luck there either.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or is this inherently a fluid thing?

My grid settings are 700, 110, 700, high detail solve, substeps back to default, 6 density/voxel/sec on the emitter, which is a plane so I could play about with scale..

Any suggestions would be very welcome,

Cheers,

Q.

rakyhr
01-06-2011, 02:09 PM
check ur render interpolation setting .. it should be smooth ... may be u rendered with linear .... bt nt sure

quirkalfeeg
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
check ur render interpolation setting .. it should be smooth ... may be u rendered with linear .... bt nt sure

Yes, it was on linear and turning on smooth helped quite a bit in losing those very defined cubes...cheers for that.

ZeitG
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
what value is on fluid emitter -> fluid dropoff ???
may be mystery is there? :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.