PDA

View Full Version : nParticle Reference Error

Calibrix
01-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, I have a strange little error. If you reference an nParticle object into a scene you get the following error when selecting the particle:
// Error: The attribute 'Smoke_ParticlesShape.colorBlue' is from a referenced file, thus the keyable state cannot be changed. //
This happens when selecting the particle and opening the attribute editor. I can't find any connections on these attributes. And I'm not trying to set keyframes. This error doesn't change the functionality of the nParticles, they still run fine; it's more of a general annoyance.

Does anyone have any solutions or encountered this before?

Joviex
01-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Hey guys, I have a strange little error. If you reference an nParticle object into a scene you get the following error when selecting the particle:
// Error: The attribute 'Smoke_ParticlesShape.colorBlue' is from a referenced file, thus the keyable state cannot be changed. //

Does anyone have any solutions or encountered this before?

Yup. I wrote a patch to the core AETemplate file for 2011 a while back, but no one in FX was using nParticles in 2009, so we didnt backport it.

I can add the changed source to the 2009 core override folder in the AM.

Like you said, it does not affect anything per se, but it will halt the script.

Basically the template tries to set the attrs to keyable for any dynamic attr on the particles.

Technically it is correct with how references work in Maya, basically saying, 'Yo! wth! you are trying to add underlying attributes to something I referenced'

If it could add dynamic attrs to references via reference edits....

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2011, 06:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.