PDA

View Full Version : particle following

purga
01-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Having two setsof PFlows, pf_A and pf_B, with exactly the same particle indices, how to use a Script Operator(or anything replaceable) to match the particle positions in pf_A exactly two frames earlier to those in pf_B?

Something like this:

<in pf_A>
on Proceed pCont do
(
if currentFrame>2 do
pCont.particlePosition = at (currentFrame-2) $pf_B.particleTM.pos
)

Thanks.

JohnnyRandom
01-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Can't you just have the duplicate system birth a particle 2 frames later?

Transferring data between two different PF Sources is tedious at best but not impossible but would require writing the data to an external file and reading it back in the other flow.

You could however connect both events to the same PF Source write the positions (pf_A) to the Script Vector channel then assign them to the second event (pf_B) via script op. You can do it by particleIndex as event01 and event02 will have the same particelIndex numbers, only particleIDs will be different through the system (ie one per particle).

Or be easy and use Box#3 with a proxy system

EDIT: oh and i forgot my traditional Krakatoa plug... PRT Loader can easily control time offsets ;)

purga
01-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks. I will check out the two methods.

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2011, 12:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.