PDA

View Full Version : (max) facial animation problem's

Wardile
10-15-2003, 08:08 AM
Hallo.

I rigged my face for facial animation.

Now when i animate my body and the face follows the body (as is suppose to happen) the vertices i chose to animate the face, no longer get's effected by my skin modifier.

Now im thinking about using the morpher technique for my facial animation.

But the question is, will i have to duplicate my whole mesh (seeing its a complete mesh with body arms, legs and head.)

and then just edit the different poses solitary to the face and just morph that.

One more thing i wanna know, if i select my polys, my head... can i put a morpher to that so i dont have to clone the whole mesh, but im thinking if i do this, wont the same happen as previously, that that ploys will no longer be affected by the skin modifier.

I hope i wuz clear on this issue, if not... slap me and call me susan so i can put my question in a better phrase.

Thanx.

Cullen
10-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Damb... I just typed a reply then lost my connection.
OK..
I am pretty sure you have to clone the whole mesh for the morph targets. But if you use morpher you can delete the targets later (with exception to progressional targets).
If the screen is too cluttered while creating the targets you can always hide the polys you dont want visible.

In regards to the other thing... I think I would have to see the stack to be certain... but make sure the morpher modifier is under the skin or physique in the stack, and make sure the envelopes are large engough to cover all the verticies in the new morph positions.

I think that is what you were talking about... but sorry if I am off topic

Wardile
10-15-2003, 08:38 AM
You where on topic... anycase, i didnt think about the envelopes no longer in range for those vertices, but im pretty sure there in place... the stack reads like this, well sometin like it

meshsmooth
xform
poly select----- --------------
xform
poly select
skin
Editable poly

Mind you, when the skin modifier is ontop it only effects the top poly select modifier section of my model.

Wardile
10-17-2003, 07:54 AM
To no avail, when i get it right in the near future, ill post how i did it so you dont struggle with this one day.

Cullen
10-18-2003, 01:22 AM
Maybe try putting the skin modifier on top (under meshsmooth) with a poly select underneath selecting nothing (which if it is like mesh select it will clear the selection and act as if everything is selected)

meshsmooth
skin
poly select
xform
poly select----- --------------
xform
poly select
Editable poly

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.