PDA

View Full Version : How to render reflections as good as it is in the viewport?

Pioldes
01-04-2011, 02:38 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/3160wsw.jpg

I can work my way around 3dsmax's lighting interface, but I never seem to get the settings right, and I can get confused in the settings and such. It may be a broad question, but how could I make the reflections on the can look the way they are in the viewport? The lighting is a three point photometric setup, but whatever setting I try, it never ends up good enough.

Lighting/texturing is definitely my weakest skill, and I'm hoping to get better at it.

Thanks.

mister3d
01-04-2011, 04:43 AM
You should add some glosiness to reflections, perhaps they are mirror-like now, and your point lights don't have a mass to reflect, so they are invisible in reflections.

Pioldes
01-10-2011, 04:08 AM
Thanks, the lack of reflection was mostly caused by a specular map that was not reflecting enough. I have another problem though. I can"t seem to get photometric lights to keep my original colors. It always seem very desaturated. The original TGA file is bright orange, but it becomes terribly pale as soon as there is a photometric light involved. I tried playing a bit with the exposure panel, to no avail.

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2011, 04:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.