PDA

View Full Version : Hair Constraint "Stick"

Sowiedu
01-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Hi there,

I wondered if there is any way to make the HairConstraint "Stick" REALLY sticky.
I mean that the CV of a curve is 100% at the location of the Constraint ALL the time.
(not damping in or out etc)

dizzyone
01-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Could do with a bit more information on what the problem is and what you're trying to do. But assuming you want the first CV to stick to something, you might just want to attach a IK handle to the curve, and parent the bones.

Sowiedu
01-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I just did a dynamic hair curve, initially not attached at any end.

Then i constrained the heirsystem with the Stick Constraint and parendted the Stick Locators so my hair curve is attached to controlers at both ends.

The problem is that those locators of the Constraint behave exactly like i want them to (100% inherit the position/rotation of parent object)

But the bones or if u want, the curve doesnt 100% stick at the locators but "damps" in and out like spring.

I need the first and last bone 100% inherit the rota/pos of the constrain-locators

Duncan
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately there is no "weld" constraint method for hair. However you can get close to that by increasing the iterations on the hairSystem. You will also need to lower the stiffness on the hair system to compensate. However the stiffness on the constraint should be set to 1.0 (the maximum) As well if the hair needs to stretch to reach the constraint position you may need to increase the length flex. If the points wiggle too much then a little damp may also be needed.

Also make sure the constraint locator exactly overlaps the hair cv being constrained at the start frame.

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.