PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop paiting like ''Painter''

SSX
10-15-2003, 01:57 AM
is there any tweaks or settings i can change so that a can get ''Painter'' results in Photoshop(more realistic).

Thanks

bmcallister
10-17-2003, 02:44 AM
There are lots of things you can do. In fact, an illustrator I work with, Justin Gerard, has been able to get better results from Photoshop than painter in some ways.

Look at www.portlandstudios.com---our site.

Under Portfolio click on Justin Gerard. The bottom four pieces on the portfolio were done entirely in Photoshop. With version 7 or 8, your brush adjustments are the key to getting a Painter look. I'll talk to Justin and get some more specifics. You can ask him about it by writing jgillustration@juno.com

Tell him I told you to write.

Brannon

SSX
10-17-2003, 03:18 AM
thanks for the info. i thought no one would reply to my post :) .I e-mailed Justin Gerard. hope to get a reply.once again thanks for the infomation.

Self-Designer
10-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Are there any way to tell photoshop to trace the mouse/wacom movement before drawing like painter does? (as far as i know the answer is "no")

halo
10-17-2003, 11:57 PM
you can draw a freehand path and stroke that with a brush, but its not like painters approach

Cameo
11-02-2003, 01:15 AM
SSX/Brannon do you have any additional info you could share since the original message? Nice work by Justin though, great flow to his pieces.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.