TRAILER

NEW VIDEOS on new features

Gallery Update

The Studio is final and released.

DEMO for Animate 4.o is out.

Every since Sun morning.....

rock
10-15-2003, 05:19 AM
It's just a sense that these products from project::messiah have lost some of its lustre due to all these new products - MB5, LW8, Maya 5, Modo, etc. I was more excited about project:messiah about a year and a half - but now, it has fallen on my deaf ears.

Castius
10-15-2003, 08:17 AM
Sure they droped the ball but if you where interested back then and choose to have deaf ears. then thats your loss for not trying a free demo.

8)

Facial Deluxe
10-15-2003, 08:54 AM
AAAH Thanx Julez !
I can't believe it ! They built a decent site :)
Very beautiful ! I whish they post more screenshots and pics showing the renderer capabilities. ATM pics are nice but nothing that impressive.
I'm happy they finaly release their software.
Waiting for the 8 to see if it is worth...

Labuzz
10-15-2003, 09:17 AM
I have bought M:A 4 one month ago. If you like rigging in general and custom way of doing things ( script...) it's really nice. Another thing is the answer from the tools : It's fast and stable ( ...not like LW...). You have also a good pipeline with LW, Maya...

I am waiting for the demo of studio to try the renderer.

Facial Deluxe
10-15-2003, 09:26 AM
A question : Are there any lattices in Messiah ?
I just bangged my head making a flat tire rotating while car is moving (using SplineGod method). It worked but the shape control is not top notch....

Labuzz
10-15-2003, 11:33 AM
No lattices ( and no basic deformers like bend....)...maybe in the future, I dont know.

dobermunk
10-15-2003, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE]A question : Are there any lattices in Messiah ?
I just bangged my head making a flat tire rotating while car is moving [QUOTE]

Hi Facial,
there's the melt effect which has good control for this kind of stuff. No direct lattice deformation, though many work-arounds. As in LW.

Julez4001
10-15-2003, 02:17 PM
you could try a combination of two deformers: bloat & soft body dynamics and use the metaeffecors to weigh where you want the collapse to be.... give it a try on the demo.

heard ppl complain about messiah coming out and such but it has to be about the renderer part as animation part was relase last year and the base tools/methodology are all as old as the software when it was a plugin.

so if u complaining about renderer..I hear yah but the animation tools are there even the new stuff was n't advertise until 3 months ago...... autorigs was never on the list.

Labuzz
10-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Actually it would be very cool to see the Metamation effect works like a wrap deformer ( no more need for lattices, you build yourself the influence object which can be a subdivided cube or something else...) . There's some limitation at the moment, maybe a point order issue.

lmilton
10-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Julez4001
you could try a combination of two deformers: bloat & soft body dynamics and use the metaeffecors to weigh where you want the collapse to be.... give it a try on the demo.

heard ppl complain about messiah coming out and such but it has to be about the renderer part as animation part was relase last year and the base tools/methodology are all as old as the software when it was a plugin.

so if u complaining about renderer..I hear yah but the animation tools are there even the new stuff was n't advertise until 3 months ago...... autorigs was never on the list.

Actually, I'd try a combination of Bloat & Melt. You can use Bloat with a MetaEffector to "swell and shrink" the tire in specific areas. And Melt can be used to make the object flat. Depending on your needs, you may actually be able to get away with not using Bloat at all; Melt may be able to get the full look that you're after. Either way, the cool thing about this is that it's completely animatable: you can easily animate the tire "going flat" after a puncture.

As far as other's comments about "dropping the ball" in regards to product releases, this *is* messiah:animate 4. messiah:animate 3 has been available for quite a while (long before MB5, Maya5, L[8], etc), and we have released free updates since then.

However, if you've been waiting on the renderer, that's a different story. All I can say is that *every* company has experienced major delays when doing development of this magnitude. We've passed the major development cycle on studio and, since we are tightly integrated into the messiah community, the artists are actually defining the present & future of our products.

If you're going to opt not to use software just because it's late, then you won't be animating in 3D. And, holding a grudge against animate because studio is late will only cause you to miss out on some potentially important tools for your work.

So, go ahead. Download the messiah:animate 4 demo and see what the fuss is all about.

Take care,

-lyle milton
-co president/developer
-pmG

ps: If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to post to the pmGmessiah yahoo group, or the messiah forum right here on CGTalk.

Krix
10-16-2003, 03:24 AM
Hi Lyle,

Can you please give us some info about when is a studio1.5 demo going to be available? And some words about the limitations of the demo?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Krix

lmilton
10-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Krix
Hi Lyle,

Can you please give us some info about when is a studio1.5 demo going to be available? And some words about the limitations of the demo?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Krix

We're currently discussing the possibility of doing a messiah:studio 1.5 demo. It's looking really positive:}) When I have concrete info, I'll post here.

Thanx for you interest!

-lyle

Krix
10-18-2003, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the info Lyle!

I think it would be great to everybody who is thinking about upgrade his current messiah or buy a completely new one to try out not just the animation capabilities but also the rendering. It's not such a comfortable feeling to invest money into a software what I cannot try out and see what I can do it with.

Can't wait to see!

Cheers,
Krix

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.