PDA

View Full Version : Gnomon Online Courses

MissOptimist
01-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I was looking at this: http://www.gnomonschool.com/programs/online_training/

has anybody here registered for those gnomon online courses? What did you think of it? Was it worth it? Is that something you can put under 'education' in your resume that will actually make you more qualified for the job?

Jae1234
01-06-2011, 08:13 PM
hey missoptimist,

I personally have not taken any classes at Gnomon, but judging from what others have said about it, Gnomon offers one of the best character modeling, rendering, texturing classes in the industry. Many professional companies in both game and film often buy DVDs and take classes from Gnomon because they are so advanced. If you are looking for animation, I think you will get better education elsewhere such as animationmentor or ianimate. As for the resume, since Gnomon is highly regarded, your employer will probably appreciate that you have taken classes there but as you probably already know, Gnomon doesnt offer any certificate for online classes (but i might be wrong on that). IMHO, if you are looking to become better at character modeling and have the money to pay for it, you should go for it regardless of how it might affet your resume because your portfolio is whats really important when it comes to getting a job in art industry and not where you got your education. If the money is tight, you might want to check out their DVD collections or videos from DigitalTutors.com. Good luck :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2011, 08:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.