PDA

View Full Version : ActionScript Mouse position

Heimdall
10-14-2003, 09:48 PM
I've got Flash 5 so this may be a little trickier,

2 Things I want to Script:

1) Automatically position a users mouse at specific coordinates when a movie is loaded.

2) Change the normal mouse pointer into a custom icon AFTER a user moves their mouse past a certain x/y coordinate in the movie.

Kind of a wierd request but would be great if someone pointed me in the right direction.

Heimdall

mmProj
10-18-2003, 03:12 PM
ok...try looking up mouse listeners in the action script dictionary... these might help for checking if your mouse is past a certain x y pos ..... if not ..... create a looping movie that checks the mouse pos and if its past ... do something.

also..... a function with arguements you can use for custom cursors i think is:

startDrag(_root.movieName, 0)

and the Mouse.Hide(); ....... to hide the mouse.

hope this helps :)

Ian Jones
10-19-2003, 01:18 AM
"Automatically position a users mouse at specific coordinates when a movie is loaded."

I don't think that is possible. You can't force a users mouse to be positioned in a particular place. You can however create an offset imaginary pointer that tracks the real hidden mouse movements and looks like it is the real mouse, but as soon as you roll outside the flash window or you need to click on something you'll get yourself into a whole bag of trouble.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.