PDA

View Full Version : realflow meshing from maya particle export

republicavfx
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
im doing a client test on a character running around with a sequence of maya particles emitted from the body. traditional particles, fluid like animation. exported as bin sequence successfully to realflow, but i cnat get any meshing happening.

the character is one of the mocap examples from the visor. im thinkign its to do with the scale of the scene as those mocaps are life size. ive played a bit with scale in RF with no success....anyone have ideas on this...is it possible generally to do this?

im not resimming in realflow only want to do meshing cause im using traditional particles and (in this particular project) blobbies look like crap really

Calibrix
01-03-2011, 04:30 PM
It sounds like this would work fine. A couple of things though. Scene scale has nothing to do with the meshing process. 1st make sure that you are actually meshing the particles. If you just add the mesh to the scene it doesn't grab any particles systems to mesh so you have to add it in. (refer to the documentation). If the default settings don't get you anything you will need to adjust the radius attributes. If they are too small you may not see anything. If all else fails you should check the realflow forum (http://www.realflowforum.com).

avirudra
01-04-2011, 03:29 AM
pls check ur particle count because if particle count is less it want make mesh or u can increase ur radiusof the mesh tocheck if its creating any mesh in realflow

avirudra
01-04-2011, 03:30 AM
pls check ur particle count because if particle count is less it want make mesh or u can increase ur radius of the mesh to check if its creating any mesh in realflow

fantasizer
01-04-2011, 09:23 AM
im doing a client test on a character running around with a sequence of maya particles emitted from the body. traditional particles, fluid like animation. exported as bin sequence successfully to realflow, but i cnat get any meshing happening.

Maybe you can try to do the sim using nParticle and convert the nCache into BIN using this (http://sites.google.com/site/cgriders/ncache2bin) which works independently (outside Maya and RF) and is very fast.

republicavfx
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
i ended up getting it working more or less. i changed maya to meters then scaled the bin down to .001 in RF. then as mentioned tweaked radius and poly size. the scale seemd to help but maybe just in getting the radius sized into the right ballpark...dunno... it looks ok but im thinking about maybe redoing in maya completely because i dunno real flow seems slow to iterate in..

heres the original particles if anyones interested...bit of turblence, goals and an emission from particles for ´splashy´ look lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXV-ZgW5sb8

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.